Našice was first mentioned in 1229 in the letter of King Andrew II.It was called Nekche and named after river Našice (Cod. Sc. III, 320-324).
During the 16th and 17th century, Našice was under Turkish occupation. Exactly 230 years ago, Našice estate was bought by the House of Pejačević (Croatian noble family), which owned Našice estate until 1945.We can find traces of inhabitants since Neolithic and it’s known that Romas had its civilian settlement Stravianae. It was settlement on a Roman road that led from Požega valley to Osijek (Mursa).
The Franciscans came into Našice between 1275 and 1285. They belonged to the Zagreb Custody and Hungary Province St. Mary. At first it was a small province and in the 14th century it grew into a monastery. According to folk tradition, people from Našice region built St. Anthony of Padua church and monastery. This old church dates back to the 14th century and it was a single-vessel church with polygonal shrine, built of bricks and stone in Gothic style. At the beginning of the 18th century the church was renovated in Baroque style, a tall church tower was added and monastery redesigned.
The city is located at the crossroads of several major roads: D2 ( Podravska highway ) Osijek – Virovitica , D53 Donji Miholjac – Slavonski Brod , and D515 Našice – Đakovo . It is also the railway headquarters R202 Railway Varaždin – Dalj.
According to the census of 2011 in the city of Našice lived 16,224 inhabitants, of which 7,863 male population, and 8,361 female . The average age of the total population is 39.3 years.
To the city of Našice belonged the administrative area of 16 villages: Brezik Našički, Ceremošnjak, Gradac Našički, Borders, Jelisavac, Lađanska, Lila, Londžica, Makloševac, Markovac Na – šički, Martin, Nasice, Pond, Velimirovac, Vukojevci and Zoljan